Sunday, November 21, 2010

Treo

Our third child was born in June and we haven't had a REAL date night since. We've gone out once or twice with our baby and left the other two with our excellent babysitter (or as my kids insist, kidsitter). Since it was just going to be just me and the hubby this time, we decided to eat somewhere that our children, as well as other people's children's presence would be frowned upon. With that in mind, we chose Treo in Sylvania. It is an American, French, Italian restaurant with a very intimate atmosphere. Treo is nestled in a historic building in downtown Sylvania, with exposed brick and what appeared to be original wood floors. As we entered our expectations were quite high. The feel of the restaurant met our expectations, no doubt. 


An assortment of appetizers were offered, including, jalepeno poppers, mussels, and Chevre Encroute (pastry wrapped baked goat cheese topped with walnuts and house made Parisian Dressing). The Chevre was excellent- smooth, and sweet with just enough walnuts, and the dressing was divine! I


As for the entrees, Treo offered assorted pasta, seafood, and poultry/beef dishes. All (except the pasta) come with two side dishes and a salad. I ordered the sesame crusted salmon with green beans and jasmine rice. The hubby ordered blackened tuna with the same sides. We expected an extraordinary meal, given the hype of this restaurant, yet it is unfortunate to say that it fell short. 


For one, I didn't get the whole French theme- except for the cheese appetizer. Furthermore, what f kind of French restaurant does not serve creme brulee!!! Talk about a real disappointment. Yet, by the end of the meal we were definitely stuffed and could not even fathom another dish. While the food was tasty and had generous portions, it really was nothing special. Nothing on the menu really jumped at us or seemed to be a "signature" dish. The food was rather ordinary.


This restaurant is definitely not child friendly- which was a good thing considering our needs for the evening (although a table near us did have two children with them over the age of 10). The big question, would we go back with or without a coupon? Without a coupon- no. There are so many other restaurants that we want to explore that I would not go back for full price.  If we were to go back (I have a buy one get one free offer from the Entertainment Book still available) If I have to give the restaurant another chance I would try the pasta dishes. Maybe pasta is more of their specialty....


Several weeks ago I purchased a $20 for $40 offer from Living Social.


Our Bill:$47.85
Savings: $20.00




Total Savings: $65.93

No comments:

Post a Comment