Only a few weeks into my quest and I cheated today- well kind of... As per my first post, the only time I would eat out is when I am not in control of where I am eating at. Today, I ate at El Camino Real with my hubby and his colleagues on his last day of work at his current employer. They picked the restaurant and since my mom was genraous enough to watch my 3 kids, I joined them for 2 and 1/2 hours (yes I had a curfew!!) If I had more warning that we would be eating there tonight, I would have found a coupon!!!
Anyways, it was my first time eating at an authentic Mexican restaurant and it was delicious! Would definitely go again.... Even without a coupon. A little tip- you can order off their A la Carte menu (which I did). One taco ($1.75) and one tamale ($2.25). So for $4.00 I got plenty of food. They have a combo menu which offers these two items, plus beans and rice for about $9.00. I saved more than 1/2 by skipping the sides and just ordering a la carte. Okay, so I'm trying to justify my cheating- whatever! If you go there make sure to order the homemade guacamole! To DIE FOR!! WOW!!
So no savings this time around :(
No comments:
Post a Comment