Today Living Social is offering for $20 a $40 voucher for food and drinks at Degage Jazz Cafe in Maumee. While I have never been there before I was tempted to purchase today's deal. However, I did not for 2 reasons:
Reason #1- I purchased the 2011 Entertainment Book which offers a 2 for 1 dinner entree coupon (up to $20 value) in the book for them. You can also go online and print 2 more of these coupons. When I purchased the EB, I also got a $25 gift card to Degage. Now I have 4 offers to this restaurant valued at $85 to be spent on 4 visits. So, why spend $20 to purchase yet a 5th visit.
Reason #2- I haven't had the occasion to go to very many restaurants lately, especially a nice adult place like this. Groupon and Living Social do offer a variety of great deals EVERYDAY! If I or you purchase a new one several times a week, you'll quickly see a rather large inventory of coupons pile up on you that must be used before they expire.
My advice to you: Buy them as you need them, but don't underestimate the value of just buying the EB. In the long run it's a better investment than all the Groupons and Living Social deals that are offered. Don't get me wrong. The EB does not offer the exact same coupons as the online sites, but they have plenty of great deals that the book alone will keep your coupon craving satisfied for awhile without having to pre-invest in online vouchers or snip coupons from Val-Pak.
Tomorrow my little girl is invited to her best friends birthday party and my son does not have school. Stay tuned tomorrow for my blog about Sori Sushi (no EB coupon, just a Val-Pak coupon).
No comments:
Post a Comment