Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Why am I doing this?

So a lot of you are asking me what possessed me to start this challenge.

I wanted to purchase the 2011 Entertainment Book. When I told my hubby, he thought it was an unnecessary purchase since we barely used our 2010 Book. And he was right. Of all the times we ate out in the last year, we rarely if ever used a coupon. I think I used a few for Subway, one at BW3, and that's it. Instead of letting it go, I told him, that we should have used it more often. In fact, for the next year we should only eat at restaurants that had some sort of coupon or discount deal. Without agreeing with me, he told me to go ahead and get it- what's the point of arguing over this.

A few days later, I thought it would be cool to blog about what restaurants I saved money at and how much. It kind of all developed from there.

There will be a one major challenge. My kids (who are 4 and 5, my baby doesn't have a preference where we eat) love eating sushi. However, rarely do I come across a worthy sushi coupon. If you have a good sushi coupon let me know!!! Well I guess Sakura has a sushi happy hour. Not sure when or what time (do you??) but will have to check it out.

I also look forward to the challenge of finding coupons/deals for restaurants when we are out of the city. As I previously mentioned I bought a coupon for Liquid Planet knowing that we will be eating in Cleveland sometime during the year when we visit my brother-in-law.

Now, the only time I might have to bend the rules is for an upcoming girls night dinner that was RSVP'd before I started this challenge. Hope to find a coupon for that restaurant soon. I'll keep you posted.

BTW, I will also be reviewing each restaurant based on their food, value, child-friendliness, and the service.

 Please add/follow my blog especially if you live in Toledo and enjoy getting good deals!

1 comment:

  1. Every Friday and Saturday night Sakura has half off Sushi rolls starting at 9:30 :)

    ReplyDelete